To know and become familiar with the regulations applicable to food packaging at European level.
To know the resources to keep this information up to date.
Interpret and develop the "Declaration of Conformity" taking into account the relevant aspects of the applicable regulation. Design the most appropriate migration analysis plan to respond to the intended uses of the product.
Respond to customer demands related to the legal requirements of the products supplied. Discern whether the demand concerns the company and be able to argue a response.
1. Legal framework and declaration of conformity by packaging material.
a. Horizontal legislation for food contact materials.
b. Specific legislation by packaging materials.
2. Migrations of food contact materials.
a. Specific and global migrations in plastic materials.
b. Migration analysis methods.
3. Other materials and substances without or with regulation under development in the EU.
a. Migration of components of adhesives, inks, varnishes, coatings... that are governed by regulations/recommendations of other Member States.
b. Migration alerts in EU RASFF- the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed.
4. Other specifically regulated materials: active and intelligent packaging, recycled plastic packaging, nanomaterials.
5. Correspondence between FDA and EU requirements.